King County Medical Society Community Foundation
The King County Medical Society has created the Community Foundation which is a nonprofit 501(c)3 charitable organization formed in order to:
- Provide scholarship funds to medical students through its educational and charitable giving,
- Help unify organizations to improve the health of the people in and around King County,
- Continue the Society’s enduring commitment to advance the profession of medicine and to preserve the value of the physician-patient relationship,
- Create a lasting legacy for the King County Medical Society.
Specific programs that the Community Program offers are:
- Education: The Community Foundation recognizes the extraordinary financial needs of medical students. In response to the financial shortcomings faced by a majority of medical students, the Society’s Community Foundation is planning on issuing several scholarships each year.
- A specific scholarship has just been created by a donor in memory of Adeline Willis Weed, MD. Scholarships will be given to female medical students looking to work in the area of women and children’s health.
- Have an idea for a scholarship that you’d like to create in memory of someone? Please reach out directly to Nancy Belcher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community: The Community Program will seek opportunities to promote civic responsibility through community charitable gifts, development, outreach and volunteerism.
- History: Preserving and maintaining the rich history of medicine and public health in King County through education. Special programs will continue to be a priority for the Community Foundation.