Eligibility for Membership
To be eligible for membership in KCMS, a physician must:
- Hold the degree of M.D. or D.O. from an approved teaching institution;
- Practice in King County;
- Has a residency within King County prior to applying; or
- Is transferring to KCMS as an active member of an AMA component county medical society.
Unless specifically excluded as a membership requirement, the following qualifications are applicable to members:
- Holds a valid professional license issued by the State of Washington pursuant to the provisions of the Revised Code of Washington; and
- Practices medicine in conformity with the principles of medical ethics of the American Medical Association, the Washington State Medical Association and the King County Medical Society; and
- Is elected to membership in this Society in the manner prescribed in the bylaws.
How To Join
Go to our application page and submit the information requested online or by mail.
Dues and Payments
Annual Dues: Annual Dues are $225. New members are billed for annual dues two weeks after they have been elected into membership. Dues for new members are calculated based on the quarter in which a physician is approved for membership:
- 1st Quarter: $195
- 2nd Quarter: $146.25
- 3rd Quarter: $97.50
- 4th Quarter: Dues are not assessed
Note: Transferees who have already paid their former county society dues will not have to pay any additional KCMS dues for the remainder of the year in which they were accepted for membership.
Payments: Payments are to be made to King County Medical Society. Accepted methods of payment are: check, money order, or credit card (online or telephone).Apply Now