Saturday, December 7, 2019, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Volney Richmond Auditorium, Seattle, WA
Please join us for a climate and health symposium at Virginia Mason. This educational event for health professionals will provide an overview of climate change and health, focusing on the specific health impacts of climate change in Washington state. The event will also discuss opportunities for action in health care sustainability, advocacy and communications, and patient and clinician education.
Target Audience: This event will bring together health professionals, administrators, and policymakers from the Northwest region and beyond to collaborate and identify new opportunities for meeting the challenges of our changing climate.
- Describe the impact of climate change on individual and population health.
- Identify two at-risk populations in Washington State with increased vulnerability to changes in climate.
- Recommend interventions to support care for patients managing the impacts of climate change.
- Recognize the healthcare sector’s unique impacts on climate.
- Select at least one change in practice to reduce your clinical area’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- Identify at least one opportunity to engage facility operational leaders or administrators in climate-smart changes employed across your hospital or clinic.
$95.00 Accredited Program (earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ or Nursing Contact Hours)
The Virginia Mason Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Virginia Mason Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Virginia Mason is a provider of nursing continuing education contact hours. The provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP15905 for 4.0 Contact Hours (4.0 clock hours), December 7, 2019.