KCMS has been busy! Just to highlight some of our work, KCMS has:
- Distributed Covid-19 vaccines to thousands of physicians, their staff, and patients beginning early in the vaccine phase.
- Kept frontline workers safe and connected to their patients during the pandemic by providing thousands of units of telehealth equipment, and tens of thousands of units of PPE which we manufactured our own through our “Frontline PPE” effort.
- Prior work included organizing emergency medical hotlines, and leading medical missions abroad.
- KCMS has also:
- lobbied for improvements in firearm injury and death prevention,
- changed outdated legislation to provide for more thorough and equitable death investigations,
- successfully advocated for telemedicine parity,
- expanded and integrated vaccine databases throughout WA state,
- championed the successful effort for lead testing in schools, and
- continued to promote universal access to health care.
While the Society’s activities have evolved over time in response to advances and challenges in health care delivery, its core mission has remained the same:
To be a powerful voice and political advocate for physicians and patients at the local, state, and federal levels.
The Society acts as a champion for King County doctors, in order to support and strengthen the physician-patient relationship and promote the health and welfare of King County residents.