Greetings esteemed members and colleagues,
On behalf of our partners at MultiCare Health, find below a posting regarding the newly created opportunity for a Chief Medical Officer.
In addition to your own potential interest, it is requested that you forward this posting to any qualified colleague who might be interested.
A reminder that we maintain a bulletin board on our new website for physician moves, job postings etc. Send to email@example.com for posting.
Chief Medical Officer – Greater Seattle Area
Based in Tacoma, WA (near Seattle), MultiCare Health System (MHS) is an integrated not-for-profit healthcare organization and recognized leader in the use of advanced technology, including being recognized for its HIMSS Level 7 EPIC EMR. MHS is searching for a chief medical officer to provide vision and leadership in the quality of medical care, overall management of medical affairs, and accountability for medical quality assurance and performance improvement for Good Samaritan Hospital, serving all communities throughout the East Pierce County region.
- Develop strategic plans, marketing plans and operational oversight for the business unit
- Serve as the liaison with the hospital governing body and/or its delegate committees, in collaboration with the Medical Staff Chief of Staff, overseeing medical staff privileging and peer review administrative processes on behalf of the governing body.
- Assist in managing the structure of the medical staff committees and serve as a non-voting member of all committees
- Develop and foster a climate with the medical staff which embodies a culture of service and open communication
- Assist the medical staff in meeting the required medical staff quality assurance standards in conjunction with the overall health system standards, being directly responsible for maintaining “survey readiness” to meet standards of The Joint Commission, Department of Health, and other regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies as the apply to patient care at MHS
- Collaborate with clinical leaders in providing leadership and direction assuring that both the business unit and MHS system objectives are met while providing oversight and ensuring performance evaluations are completed
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience providing direct patient care
- Experience as a medical director or service chief in a comparable hospital or health system
- Demonstrated progress in an administrative career path preferred
- MHA, MMM or MBA graduate degree preferred
- Board certified in an ABMS approved clinical specialty
- Licensed as a MD or DO in the state of WA by the time of employment
- Current ACLS and BLS for Healthcare Providers certification by the American Heart Association
Please visit our website to apply for position #64430 at: https://jobs.multicare.org/chiefkcms
MultiCare Health System is a not-for-profit health care organization committed to our mission of “partnering for healing and a healthy future”. Our 18,000 team members (employees, providers and volunteers) are united by MultiCare’s values of respect, integrity, stewardship, excellence, collaboration and kindness.
Our roots date back more than a century to the founding of Tacoma’s first hospital. Since then, we’ve grown to become Washington State’s largest community-based, locally governed health care system with numerous primary care, urgent care and specialty services — including Immediate Clinic, MultiCare Indigo Urgent Care, Pulse Heart Institute and MultiCare Rockwood Clinic. Our system of care also includes eight hospitals:
- Allenmore Hospital (Tacoma)
- Auburn Medical Center (Auburn)
- Covington Medical Center (Covington)
- Deaconess Hospital (Spokane)
- Good Samaritan Hospital (Puyallup)
- Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital (Tacoma)
- Tacoma General Hospital (Tacoma)
- Valley Hospital (Spokane)
MultiCare is also proud of our commitment to workforce diversity and culturally competent care. This commitment is led by our CEO and supported through employee education and community outreach.
MultiCare is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V